AbbVie Inc. will present 23 abstracts at the 31st European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (EADV) Congress in Milan, virtually and in-person, in September 2022. Data presented at the congress will provide dermatologic clinicians with studies and results regarding immune-mediated skin diseases such as psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and vitiligo.1
Some of the most notable discussions will include data on:
- The ongoing phase 3 active psoriatic arthritis clinical trials, KEEPsAKE 1 and KEEPsAKE 2, evaluating the long-term efficacy and safety of risankizumab (SKYRIZI; Abbvie) for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis
- Analyses from MEASURE-AD, a cross-sectional burden of disease study designed to identify global treatment patterns, healthcare resource utilization and costs, and the clinical and economic burden of moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis (AD)
- Data from VALUE, a 13-month interim analysis from a long-term, prospective observational study that has enrolled over 2,500 patients from 21 countries, evaluating the real-world efficacy, durability of response, and time to first treatment change for patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis treated with risankizumab compared to other popular therapy options
- Results from aIMM, a phase 3b, multicenter, interventional, open-label, single-arm study analyzing clinical efficacy, safety, and quality-of-life outcomes after 16 weeks of treatment for patients with psoriasis who were treated with risankizumab and previously achieved poor responses to one of 2 IL-17 inhibitors: secukinumab or ixekizumab
- Interim analysis of the nearly 5-year (256 weeks) LIMMitless open-label extension study evaluating long-term efficacy and safety data with continuous risankizumab treatment in patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis
- Two insurance claims database analyses examining economic and comorbidity impacts on patients with vitiligo
Overall, AbbVie will present 8 abstracts about risankizumab for psoriasis, 6 abstracts about risankizumab for psoriatic arthritis, and 3 abstracts about upadacitinib (RINVOQ; AbbVie) for atopic dermatitis. Regarding disease states, AbbVie will include 6 disease state abstracts covering psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and vitiligo.
The 2022 EADV Congress will include over 600 presenters and over 170 sessions.2 To reach as many participants as possible, the congress will feature hybrid sessions that are both in-person and live-streamed. Recorded sessions will be available for viewing for 3 months after the congress. The full EADV 2022 schedule can be found here.
- AbbVie showcases new analyses and real-world data across multiple immune-mediated skin diseases at the European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (EADV) 2022 Congress. AbbVie News Center. Published August 29, 2022. Accessed August 30, 2022. https://news.abbvie.com/news/press-releases/abbvie-showcases-new-analyses-and-real-world-data-across-multiple-immune-mediated-skin-diseases-at-european-academy-dermatology-and-venereology-eadv-2022-congress.htm?view_id=9228
- EADV. European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. Accessed August 30, 2022. https://www.eadv.org/