Take a look back at our most popular news from March 2022.
Did you miss the top stories on Dermatology Times® this month? Catch up on these noteworthy stories today.
10. Machine Learning to Identify Biomarkers in AD
A recent study aimed to identify whether using specific serum biomarkers could predict therapeutic response in patients with atopic dermatitis.
9. Re-Discovering the Genetics of Acne
Specific genetic variations could be key in identifying acne risk far before the signs arise.
8. Drug Watch: What's Coming in the Rosacea Pipeline
Dermatology Times® interviews editorial board member Richard Gallo, MD, PhD, who dives into what is currently lacking is rosacea patient care, how the new mechanisms of action of these potential treatments will better address current struggles, and more.
7. Pointers with Dr Portela: Adult Accutane
In this week’s Pointers with Dr Portela, the 208SkinDoc interviews Jen Hamilton, a TikTok creator who recently made the decision to go the dermatologist to talk about tackling her acne.
6. The Cutaneous Connection: Cosmetic Dermatology: Procedures and Practice
Zoe Diana Draelos, MD, sits down with Dermatology Times® to discuss her new book, Cosmetic Dermatology: Procedures and Practice, which will be releasing in the United States in April of 2022.
5. Focusing on Toners and Astringents
In this month's Cosmetic Conundrum, Zoe Diana Draelos, MD, discusses the differences between astringents and toners and highlights the ideal persons who should use each product.
4. FDA Warns Against Using Renuvion/J-Plasma Device for Certain Aesthetic Procedures
On March 14, the FDA released a warning for both consumers and health care providers against the use of the Renuvion/J-Plasma device (Apyx Medical) for dermal resurfacing or skin contraction.
3. Deep Dive into Facial Plastic Surgery Trends
In a follow up interview about the results from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery annual survey AAFPRS president Corey S. Maas, MD, sits down to talk in depth details about the outcomes.
2. Pointers with Dr Portela: Celebrity Skin Care Advice
In this week’s Pointers with Dr Portela, the 208SkinDoc reacts to Nicki Minaj’s tweets about skin care, diving into whether her advice is true or not, and if a dermatology would recommend her routine.
1. What's Trending in Skin Care? February 2022
Each month, Dermatology Times® features a roundup of products trending in skin care. Click here to find out what products are trending for the month of February.