This week, January 23-27, the Maui Derm Hawaii 2023 conference is being held in Maui, along with a virtual option, with an agenda packed full of presentations including, “in-depth, cutting-edge material covering a wide array of medical, cosmetic, coding/billing and CLIA certification topics in dermatology,” according to the Maui Derm website.
According to the site, as a result of attending the meeting, attendees should be able to:
- Explain the pathogenesis of various dermatological conditions
- Cite the mechanisms of action of drugs and therapies that are commonly prescribed by the dermatologist
- Describe potential adverse effects and resistance issues that may be related to the use of drugs and therapies prescribed by clinicians in dermatology
- Define appropriate outcome measures for the optimal follow-up of patients with dermatologic diseases as well as those receiving surgical and cosmetic procedures
- Assess the data related to emerging therapies for the treatment of a variety of dermatologic diseases
- Recognize the important role of clinician/patient communication
Highlights from the agenda include:
- New Drugs and Therapies in 2023: This annual presentation, dubbed the “Neal and Ted show” discusses new drugs and therapies in dermatology and how they will be used in 2022.
- Cutaneous Oncology: Part 1 and Part 2: Physicians discuss actinic keratosis and Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers (NMSC), along with challenging clinical cases and sceneries will be discussed.
- Pediatric Dermatology 2023: Leading authorities will discuss a wide range of topics in pediatric dermatology.
- Update 2023: Disorders of Pigmentation: Experts discuss the latest approaches to treating vitiligo, melasma, and other disorders of pigmentation.
See the full agenda here.
Make sure to keep up to date with the latest in coverage from the event and subscribe to Dermatology Times® to receive daily conference recaps.